3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp/ salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 cups uncooked regular oatmeal
1 cup cranberries ( you could us raisins)
1) Preheat oven to 375. Bake pecans in a shallow pan 8-9 min. until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Let them cool completely (about 25 min.)
2) Beat butter until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
3) Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients. Add to butter mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in oatmeal, cranberries and pecans.
4) Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
5) Bake 10-15 min. or until lightly golden brown. Cool on write racks for 5 min.