Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Green Chili Chicken

This is just a recipe I came up with.  I was looking for something different and wanted to use what I already had in my pantry.  I make this on nights we have sports practices.  I throw it all together in the crock pot before we leave.  That way we come home to a meal that's hot and ready to eat.

8 - boneless skinless chicken thighs
1- 14oz can of salsa verde
1 - 7oz. can diced chilies
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 minced garlic cloves
2 cups brown rice or white rice
shredded cheese
sour cream

Place chicken thighs in your crock pot.   Pour the salsa, chilies, onion, bell pepper and garlic over the chicken.  Give it one good stir to make sure all the chicken is coated.  Put the lid on your crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours.  Cook the rice according to the package.  Shred the chicken.  Return shredded chicken to the crock pot to keep warm.  Place rice on your plate, spoon the shredded green chili chicken over the rice.  You can sprinkle some cheese over the top and a little bit of sour cream if you want.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails