Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Butterscotch Bars



This comes from my favorite cookbook!  My aunt Jan bought me my very first cookbook for my 7th birthday!  For Good Measure, a cookbook for children.  I love the very simple but tasty recipes that come from this book.

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp maple extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (you choose)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Sift flour, salt and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.  Add sugar. Melt butter and mix in.  Beat in eggs.  Stir in vanilla, maple flavoring and nuts.  Spread in a buttered 9x9 pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 mins.  Let them completely cool and cut into squares.  They are so delicious!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails