Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

 
I'm pretty sure from now on if I have the time...I will always make this sauce when having Spaghetti or Lasagna.  Oh My Goodness!!!  This was delicious!  Who needs noodles I could've just eaten the sauce by itself!  This recipe comes from my Aunt Colleen. 

2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
(you can use 1/2 mild italian sausage for the meat portion)
1 large yellow onion (chopped)
5 or 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
2- 15oz. cans tomato sauce
1- 6oz. can of tomato paste
1- 28oz. can diced tomatoes
1 cup hearty red wine
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. thyme
Pinch of rosemary
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil till transparent.  Add meat and stir till meat is browned.  Add all other ingredients.  Stir well.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer sauce for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. 
This is good spaghetti or lasagna sauce.  Freezes well.  Makes a lot.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails