Thursday, August 5, 2010

Britton Broccoli Salad


This is my mother in-laws recipe!  It became an instant family favorite!  My kids and husband will eat broccoli if it has melted cheese on it OR if I make this salad.  I make the dressing first to give it time to blend.

Dressing
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup of mayo
Mix the first 2 ingredients first to let the sugar dissolve into the vinegar.  Whisk in the mayo.  Place in fridge while you make the rest of the salad.

Salad
4 bunches of broccoli, cleaned & chopped bite size
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup dried cranberries
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup of sliced toasted almonds

Combine all the ingredients except the almonds.  Toss in the dressing. The dressing goes a long way so toss a little in at a time.  Sprinkle almonds on top OR leave almonds to the side.  The almonds can become soft sitting in the salad.  Make ahead and chill or serve right away.




1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am all over this one too! I think I'll try making it this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails