Thursday, August 5, 2010

Calling all Chocolate and Coffee Lovers!


Do I have a CAKE for you...................
For the record, this is the BEST cake I have ever ate! I found this recipe on another blog that I (Kelli) follow. Made it for the first time a few months back for my daughter's 3rd Birthday Party (omitted the coffee then) but then made it just the other night.... and YES, my friends, the BEST coffee/chocolate combination cake I have ever had!! Super easy to make! 



Hello, Chocolate Bliss Cake..... I love you
Heat oven to 350*.  Grease and flour cake pans.  Begin with dry ingredients.
1 3/4 Cup flour
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup cocoa (Ghiradelli or Hershey's)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Place the following into your mixer:
2 eggs
1 Cup buttermilk
1/2 Cup veggie oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 Cup coffee (extra hot and freshly brewed)
Combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla in mixer for about 2 minutes.  Slowly add dry ingredients into the mixer.  Bring coffee to extra hot in microwave and stir it into your batter.  It will be very runny. 
 Pour into pans.  Bake 30-35 mins or until knife comes out clean.  Cool upside down on racks.
FROSTING:
1/2 Cup cocoa (Ghiradelli or Hershey’s) 
2 2/3 Cup powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. softened butter
4-5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix for several minutes.  I usually mix until the chocolate changes color from dark to light and whippy.  
Once your cake is cool to the touch, frost. I put frosting between the 2 layers of cake and top. Then add chocolate chips around the edges (Ghiradelli) and 6 or 7 Strawberries on top! So pretty!  Enjoy my friends.  Oh....Enjoy!


This was Addison's Birthday Cake-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails